What We Do
Our Mission is to provide critical financial assistance to women cancer patients and their families in Massachusetts. Initially, we focused solely on breast cancer patients, however we soon realized that we were called to help all women cancer patients. We truly believe that if a woman’s heart and mind are at rest, then her body can heal more rapidly and respond to treatment more effectively.
We do not issue monetary payments to patients; we pay vendors directly on behalf of patients. These include, but are not limited to, rent, utilities, cable/internet, insurance copays, credit cards, and the like. Occasionally we are able to provide gift cards for gas purchases to help alleviate the expense of travel to and from hospitals, or a pharmacy gift card to help with prescription purchases.
We hope this information is helpful to you.
How to Apply for Assistance
No application form is required. We simply ask client-patients to submit to us via postal mail:
- Contact information and a brief description of your situation.
- An original, signed on physician’s letterhead, letter from your physician indicating (1.) patient status, (2.) diagnosis and (3.) treatment plan.
- No photocopies or stamped signatures.
- Photocopy of the bill(s) most upsetting at the time – please include mailing address and all contact info regarding the bill(s).
- RENT & LEASE payments require the following:
- A photocopy of your most recent formal agreement. This agreement must include and clearly show full contact information for landlord and tenant, along with dated signatures of both parties. Informal or private rental agreements must be notarized by an authorized Notary of the Public.
We review requests for assistance twice a month. If a request comes to our attention that is very time sensitive, then we have the option to move it to a high priority status.
We are all volunteers and depend heavily on the donations of others to assist us in fulfilling our Mission. If we are unable to pay a bill in full, then we issue a partial payment to help bring down the balance for the client.
As a small, 100% volunteer organization, We do not have office space, nor do we have a main telephone line for requests. For obvious reasons, we do not provide our personal cell or home numbers. We depend heavily on email to process our information and connect with clients. Click Here for Contact Information.
Of course, all requests for assistance along with any information/materials we receive are of the utmost privacy and are under strict confidentiality policy. We do not market, share or sell client information in any way shape or form without the express, written consent of the client.