What We Do
Our Mission is to provide critical financial assistance to women cancer patients and their families in Massachusetts. Initially, we focused solely on breast cancer patients, however we soon realized that we were called to help all women cancer patients. We truly believe that if a woman’s heart and mind are at peace, then her body can truly rest, respond to treatment and heal more rapidly and effectively.
We do not issue monetary payments to patients; we pay vendors directly on behalf of patients. These include, but are not limited to, rent, utilities, cable/internet, insurance copays, credit cards, and the like.
We hope this information is helpful to you.
How to Apply for Assistance
No application form is required. We simply ask client-patients to submit to us via postal mail:
- Contact information and a brief description of your situation.
- An original, signed on physician specific letterhead, letter from your oncologist. The letter must indicate (1.) patient status, (2.) diagnosis and(3.)brieftreatment plan.
- No photocopies or stamped signatures. Professional letterhead / stationary from physician only.
- Photocopy of the bill(s) most upsetting at the time – please include mailing address and all contact info regarding the bill(s).
- RENT & LEASE payments require the following:
- A photocopy of your most recent formal agreement. This agreement must include and clearly show full contact information for landlord and tenant, along with dated signatures of both parties. Informal or private rental agreements must be witnessed and notarized by an authorized Notary of the Public.
We review requests for assistance twice a month. If a request comes to our attention that is very time sensitive, then we have the option to move it to a high priority status.
We are all volunteers and depend heavily on the donations of others to assist us in fulfilling our Mission. If we are unable to pay a bill in full, then we issue a partial payment to help bring down the balance for the client.
As a small, 100% volunteer organization, We do not have office space, nor do we have a main telephone line for requests. For obvious reasons, we do not provide our personal cell or home numbers. We depend heavily on email to process our information and connect with clients. Click Here for Contact Information.
MESSAGE us via FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/LearnLiveLoveCancerOutreachOrganization/
Of course, all requests for assistance along with any information/materials we receive are of the utmost privacy and are under strict confidentiality policy. We do not market, share or sell client information in any way shape or form without the express, written consent of the client.